Moldovan economy continues to grow, but some internal and external risks persist. In December 2013, the Economic Leading Indicator (ELI) continued its ascending trend, with a 2.4% increase from the previous month (100.9 from 98.5 points). However, as mentioned in the previous editions, the recovery tends to be slowing down, revealing that the advanced economic growth from 2013 was caused partly (50%) by the cyclical factors (high agricultural production and „catch up” growth of the economy) and not the cyclical ones. Therefore, the slow rebound of ELI suggests that Moldovan economy has returned to a much more moderate growth in 2014 compared to previous year.
Real Economy from January 2014 (#43)
Latest from Natalia Chitii
- Cum poate fi diminuată evaziunea fiscală în Republica Moldova? Tragem linia primelor experimente economice organizate în acest an
- O călătorie inedită pentru sute de elevi și studenți pe „Drumul banului”
- LIVE text. MACRO 2019 „Atenuarea inegalităților: o precondiție fundamentală pentru o creștere economică durabilă”
- State of the Country Report 2019: social and economic inequalities are decreasing, but there are major risks that in the long term they may diminish
- State of the Country Report 2019