Moldovan economy continues to grow, but some internal and external risks persist. In December 2013, the Economic Leading Indicator (ELI) continued its ascending trend, with a 2.4% increase from the previous month (100.9 from 98.5 points). However, as mentioned in the previous editions, the recovery tends to be slowing down, revealing that the advanced economic growth from 2013 was caused partly (50%) by the cyclical factors (high agricultural production and „catch up” growth of the economy) and not the cyclical ones. Therefore, the slow rebound of ELI suggests that Moldovan economy has returned to a much more moderate growth in 2014 compared to previous year.
Real Economy from January 2014 (#43)
Latest from Natalia Chitii
- A new initiative supported by the European Union has been launched in order to strengthen the cooperation between civil society and local public authorities for better budgetary governance in the Republic of Moldova
- Concurs privind selectarea a 20 APL-uri de nivelul I din regiunile Nord, Centru, Sud și Găgăuzia ale Republicii Moldova pentru sporirea participării în procesul bugetar
- Press conference. The launching event of the project "Inform, Empower, Act! Civil Society for good budgetary governance in Moldova"
- After 3 quarters of 2019, all banks continue to accumulate profit
- Expert-Grup invites all the citizens to get involved into the process of signaling the problems related to the exploitation of natural resources in the Republic of Moldova