The Court of Accounts of the Republic of Moldova has published 5 decisions in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2013, which refer to the audit of the district budgets of Ocnița, Șoldănești, Ungheni, Soroca, Ialoveni, for 2011-2012. The main findings revealed little progress in reducing irregularities admitted by local authorities, but confirmed a worrying situation for public procurements and management of public assets. The redirection of education spending in other areas by some district councils, is an additional argument to the need to reform the sector. The lack of progress in the collection of own revenues by APL, is determined by their lack of interest to this work. This problem can only be corrected by approving the draft law amending the law on local public finances, which is in the Parliament. Some authorities have made progress against previous statements (Ungheni Ocniţa).
How public money are being wasted: synthesis of the Court of Accounts reports published in first and second quarters of 2013
Latest from Natalia Chitii
- Monthly newsletter, June 2020
- Webinar ”Political Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic for the EaP Countries
- The Independent Think Tank "Expert-Grup" is hiring a person in the position of economist
- Economic and Social Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Eastern Partnership Countries
- Termen extins: cerere de ofertă - servicii de traducere scrisă