The restructuring process of general government sector in Republic of Moldova is has been going through difficulties. High level of corruption and unstable democratic regime don’t facilitate establishment of optimal budgetary sector. In these conditions, the analysis of public expenditure structure, its evolution and comparison with other countries, could be for society an additional landmark for public sector assessment. For this reason, there were analysed general indicators of budget sector and done comparisons with European Union countries, where it was possible. Thus, the dimension of budgetary sector isn’t big, the main problems being related to its structure, especially due to the usage of the budget as electoral tool. This lead to the keeping the social sector under financed between electoral years to ensure an important increase in electoral years.
Evolution of general government sector: lessons learned
Latest from Natalia Chitii
- A new initiative supported by the European Union has been launched in order to strengthen the cooperation between civil society and local public authorities for better budgetary governance in the Republic of Moldova
- Concurs privind selectarea a 20 APL-uri de nivelul I din regiunile Nord, Centru, Sud și Găgăuzia ale Republicii Moldova pentru sporirea participării în procesul bugetar
- Press conference. The launching event of the project "Inform, Empower, Act! Civil Society for good budgetary governance in Moldova"
- After 3 quarters of 2019, all banks continue to accumulate profit
- Expert-Grup invites all the citizens to get involved into the process of signaling the problems related to the exploitation of natural resources in the Republic of Moldova