The restructuring process of general government sector in Republic of Moldova is has been going through difficulties. High level of corruption and unstable democratic regime don’t facilitate establishment of optimal budgetary sector. In these conditions, the analysis of public expenditure structure, its evolution and comparison with other countries, could be for society an additional landmark for public sector assessment. For this reason, there were analysed general indicators of budget sector and done comparisons with European Union countries, where it was possible. Thus, the dimension of budgetary sector isn’t big, the main problems being related to its structure, especially due to the usage of the budget as electoral tool. This lead to the keeping the social sector under financed between electoral years to ensure an important increase in electoral years.
Evolution of general government sector: lessons learned
Latest from Natalia Chitii
- Monthly newsletter, June 2020
- Webinar ”Political Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic for the EaP Countries
- The Independent Think Tank "Expert-Grup" is hiring a person in the position of economist
- Economic and Social Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Eastern Partnership Countries
- Termen extins: cerere de ofertă - servicii de traducere scrisă