Education is one of the strategic areas of development where Government will focus its attention this year. Therefore, reforms initiated in ensuring a more efficient resource management in Education will also continue in 2015. The reform prospects are also included in the medium- and long-term sectorial strategies.
Here is some general information on the Education sector in Moldova in 2015:
- There are 3,914 educational institutions: of which 150 financed from the State Budget and the rest from local budgets;
- There are 618 thousand children, pupils and students;
- The sector includes 109,7 thousand personnel units, of which 50,735 teachers/educators;
- Average salary per personnel unit: 3,102.4 MDL ($170) and 4.550 MDL ($249) for teachers/educators;
- Total approved expenses in Education – 8.56 billion MDL ($468 million), or 7.2% of GDP.