Project title: Civil Society and Private Sector as Contributors to the Millennium Development Goals’ Implementation;
Implementation period: January 1, 2012 – June 7, 2013;
Funded by: European Union, represented by the EU Delegation to the Republic of Moldova;
Partners: Institute for Public Policy (Republic of Moldova), Center for Economic Development (Bulgaria);
Project goal: The project analyzes the inputs of the Moldovan civil society organizations and private sector to the implementation of MDGs in the areas such as education, health, economic and trade development, social policy, transport, communication, customs, and youth. It will raise the awareness amongst local stakeholders (Government, NGOs, private sector and individual citizens) on the importance of the achievement of the targets of MDGs by the end of 2015 and will advance the capacities of CSOs and private sector representatives and their networks to contribute to MDGs;
- Conducting four policy researches and producing four analytical reports on the type of involvement and contributions the CSOs and private sector representatives have towards the following MDGs: Goal 1. Reduce poverty and hunger; Goal 6. Combat HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis; Goal 7. Ensure environmental sustainability and Goal 8. Develop a global partnership for development;
- Forming four national clusters composed of at least five issue-based CSOs/private sector and governmental representatives each so as to consolidate national efforts towards MDGs implementation;
- Conducting national awareness campaigns so as to bring key MDG targets closer to decision makers, businesses and citizens and to promote best practices in CSO s involvement in the MDGs implementation;
Main outputs and outcomes:
- Four analytical reports developed;
- National awareness campaigns (video and audio spots promoting best practices of CSOs contributing to the implementation of the MDGs).
Project expected impact:
The project is based on the understanding that in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals, Moldovan Government must work actively with all constituencies, particularly civil society organizations and the private sector. The project will increase the capacities of civil society and private sector, defined as development actors by Accra agenda, to contribute more effectively to the implementation of MDGs and their targets.